Friday, May 9, 2014

It's Friday and time for a Fitztown Design Team Day for me...

Oh boy...this was a fun one...this week the theme at Fitztown is SHABBY CHIC (Challenge #34)  I've always loved seeing the shabby chic cards and scrapbook layouts, but haven't really succeeded in creating much in the Shabby Chic style, so this was a challenge for me.

I used this great image called CAR3 (which can be found here) as the starting point for my card, and figured I could turn an old truck into a Shabby Chic card pretty easily.


Hmmmm...it was an interesting journey creating this card.  I found some old distressed blue wood paper and also this grey distressed paper and thought I'd be able to incorporate it into a shabby chic card.  I used a distressing tool from Close to My Heart (which I just had to buy several years ago, and honestly this is likely the 2nd time I've used it).  Funny how we just "have to have" something and then don't use it !!  I was glad to give this lonely tool a purpose for this card !!

I coloured my image with copics and kinda mucked up the ground, but hey it's a shabby card, so I'm letting it go as is !!  I inked the edges of my coloured image and used the distressing tool around the edge of the cardstock mat to make it look "shabby". and around the shabby grey paper too.  I used some plain ol' fashioned string along the edge of the card and frayed it a bit to also give that shabby look.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with myself for having achieved a shabby look to my card, and also for adding another much-need masculine card to my stash.

I hope you'll hop over the blog and play along with us at Fitztown and create a SHABBY CHIC project of your own !!




1 comment:

  1. Awesome Lynn, to create a shabby chic card for a man is no mean feat but my goodness, you have achieved a brilliant card here. I love the way you have distressed your papers ...they really reinforce the shabby chic theme and are so effective. You've certainly made the distress tool worth the investment you made in it :-)

    The truck image is terrific and you have made it look like a man's trusty old friend with your lovely colouring. Regular string as your only embellishment .....perfect. Some man is going to really appreciate this very masculine, shabby chic birthday card

    Love Ingrid xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it.
Sending big cyber hugs to you,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin