Friday, May 23, 2014

A Pansy Candle and gift tag

So was stumped as to what make for this week's Design Team Day at Fitztown

It was easy-peasy for me to choose an image for this challenge, as I love Pansies and knew this image would make a great THANK YOU card or tag.

I decided to make something totally different with my image this week and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. 


I made a candle using the image FL3 which can be found here.

I made a matching tag to go with it:


It was a lot of fun and I learned a whole lot!

Here's the basic steps to creating a candle using a coloured digi image

Step 1
Print your image on tissue paper 
run taped tissue paper through your printer on some cardstock for stability 
make sure you tape it with masking tape to hold it in place

Step 2
Colour your image, being careful not to press too hard or add too much wet ink to it or you will tear the tissue paper

Step 3
Cut coloured image out and place on candle

Step 4
Apply wax paper over the image and around the candle, holding tightly, and heat with your hair dryer or embossing tool (I used a hair dryer)  Make sure you heat it enough that the white part of the tissue paper blends right into the candle, but not too much to melt the candle !!



And here's the final product...

Here's the tag and candle together
(Please note that the pansy on the tag is coloured in purple and yellow like the candle, but turned out quite BLUE in my photo - sorry)

I hope I've inspired you to play along with us this week at Fitztown in our Thank You challenge !!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn
    A gorgeous and beautiful candle and tag
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the "How To" Lynn!! I'm going to have to try this for my mom-in-law's birthday. She's crazy about candles! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it.
Sending big cyber hugs to you,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin