Saturday, April 12, 2014

Friday...Guest Design Team Day for me at Fitztown

I have some very exciting news to share with you this week...
I've been accepted on the Fitztown Design Team as a permanent member,
so this is my last post as Guest Designer, the next ones will be as a DT Member!
How exciting is that? I just love Fitztown...the team is wonderful and of course the images are just simply amazing and cover so many topics and areas of interest.  I'm soooo thrilled to part of this wonderful team.  Thanks Ema !

On to my post for this week...

This week the challenge is Spots and Stripes and I was so luck to be able to work with this lovely image


I chose this image because it reminded me of my cat Mystic (pictured below) 
and my dog Elly who is no longer with us (also picutred below)









I tried to find an old photo I had of the two of them together, but can't put my hands on it.  Arent' they cute?
Anyway...back to the purpose of my post...LOL!!

I created this card for the latest challenge at Fitztown which is SPOTS and STRIPES.  I coloured the cute image with Copics (trying to colour the cat black is just about impossible for me with Copics, but I'm practicing and learning a bit everyday so maybe one day I'll be able to colour a Mystic cat.

I was so lucky to find this gorgeous patterned paper in my stash, which was just perfect for my card.  The Sentiment is cut from a strip of the paper too.  I add some bling (as I love to do) and a bit of my standard white satin ribbon and voila the card was complete.

I hope you like my creation and will pop over to Fitztown to play along.  

1 comment:

  1. Firstly Lynn, many Congratulations on becoming a fully fledged member of the awesome Fitztown DT. I wish you and the DT a very happy and successful future.

    What a gorgeous Christmas card you have created with this most adorable of images. It's so perfect for all of us who are so privileged to share our homes with treasured cats and dogs. I can feel the love with which you coloured the image with Mystic and Elly in the depths of your heart. Love the photos of your treasured Mystic and Elly ....cuties indeed.

    The way 2014 is passing so fast I applaud your organisation in preparing for Christmas in April and I love how you have used papers using traditional Christmas colours but in the shades of Spring ....... makes this a very uplifting Christmas card for any of we pet lovers who struggle with the darkness of winter .....or friends living in the Southern Hemishere who are enjoying late Spring at Christmas time.

    A beautiful card Lynn .....I've enjoyed it so much. Love Ingrid xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it.
Sending big cyber hugs to you,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin